2. What is a personal information?
In basic terms, “personal information” means information that can directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, contact information, and in some cases, information about your behavior.
“Personal information” does NOT include information that we have made anonymous so that it can no longer be used to identify you. We collect anonymized data from our users for internal statistical purposes and for providing our services (such as product ratings, reviews, and other trends displayed on our site.
3. What kind of person information are you collecting on me?
We collect information from you in two ways:
- You give it to us directly.
- We get it automatically as you use our websites.
We only collect as much information about you as is reasonably necessary for us to provide you our services. You may delete or modify any personal information by visiting your account page at https://patrickkerwin.com/my-account The list below is a basic summary of what happens to your information.
- Your email address – we collect this when you register an account, or opt-in for any of our services or products on the website.
- Your contact information – including name, address, and phone number. We collect this at the time you create your account.
- Your technical data – including your IP address, location, web browser information, and operating system being used. We collect this automatically through Google Analytics. This information is anonymous, and your name is not connected to it.
- Your purchase history – including the names of products you purchased, price you paid for it, and date of the transaction. We do not keep or store any credit card information, as that data is processed through either Apple Pay, Stripe, or PayPal.
- Your comments and participation in blog posts and discussion forums.
- Your user avatar – optional to upload and delete on your account page.
4. What rights to I have through the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
A. What rights do I have under the GDPR?
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right to:
- access your information
- change or correct your information
- erase your information
- restrict our use of your personal information under certain circumstances
- obtain your personal information in portable form
- object to our use of your personal information under certain circumstances
- not be subject to profiling that has legal effects on you
B. What is your lawful basis for using my personal information?
There are a couple of reasons we believe we are allowed to collect, use, and store your personal information under the GDPR.
With your consent. When you directly give us personal information for a certain purpose or otherwise express your consent, we can use that personal information for that certain purpose. If you consent for us to do so, we may use your personal information to, for example:
- display your public profile;
- personalize and improve the advertisements displayed to you on our website;
- send you our marketing emails;
- send you email confirmations of purchase.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to revoke your prior consent to any of these uses.
For our legitimate interests. However, we do not always need your express consent to use your information. We can use your personal information as needed for our legitimate interests, so long as those interests do not conflict with your fundamental privacy rights and freedoms. These legitimate interests include:
- improving the presentation, operation, and experience of our services;
- evaluating and updating our technical infrastructure; and
- monitoring and improving the information security of our websites.
By contract. A contract also creates a basis for using your information. By accepting our Terms of Service, a contract is formed between us and you so that we may provide you our services. We can use your personal information as needed to provide our services to you under that contract.
Law, protection, or the public good. We can also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, protect the vital interests of our users, and as needed for the public good. This may include using your personal information to prevent and handle potential fraud, security breaches or other prohibited activities.
5. How long do you store my information?
If you do not have an account, we will store your personal information as long as needed in the interest of system security, fraud protection, or other legitimate interests.
If you have an account, we will store your personal information and user contributions indefinitely.
Generally, if you delete your account, we will continue to store your personal information for a short time in case of any issues, and then we will delete it in accordance with our standard procedures and applicable law. However, for security purposes, we continue to store your technical data for up to eighteen (18) months after your account deletion.
Generally, if you delete your account, your user contributions will be removed in the same manner as your personal information. However, you should be careful disclosing information publicly or to other users.
Who do you share my personal information with?
- WordPress – the website platform we use to build the site. If you log into the commenting system with your WordPress account, your avatar picture is pulled from your WordPress account and stored on your PatKerwin.com account page.
- USPS – our shipping service. When shipping a package to your address, your location information will be shared with the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Who can I contact with questions?